Bioidentical Hormones Can be Used to Treat Many Conditions
If you feel exhausted all of the time, irritable with those you love, and are struggling to lose weight, out-of-balance hormones may be to blame. These are just three of the common symptoms both men and women experience at midlife and beyond. While many doctors and lay people shrug and say that is just part of getting older, we now know that hormonal imbalance causes widespread problems in both genders that can seriously diminish their quality of life.
Because they are dissatisfied with the solutions offered by traditional medicine, many people are turning to (BHRT) Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to achieve hormone balance and reclaim their lives. This treatment utilizes natural hormones derived from soy and yam plants. Holistic medical practitioners use the term bioidentical because the plant hormones and human hormones are identical in structure. This allows for faster absorption by your body and a quicker resolution of your symptoms. Another benefit is that pharmacists create each Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy compound individually based on your current hormone level readings.
Common Hormone Related Conditions Treated with BHRT Include:
- Symptoms of Menopause
- Women are not officially in menopause until they have gone 12 consecutive months without a menstrual period. In the United States, the average age of menopause is 51 with many women continuing to experience post-menopausal symptoms after that. If you’re a woman, you know that your periods don’t just stop one day and you go on with your life. The majority of women experience many symptoms leading up to menopause, such as hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain, bloating, irritability, lack of interest in sex, and vaginal dryness.Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps you feel more comfortable as your body slowly transitions to a permanent state of infertility.
- Symptoms of Perimenopause
- Like andropause, perimenopause is only recently understood by the larger medical community. This is the term for the period of several years leading up to menopause in women. It has many of the same symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and low libido. It is during perimenopause when your menstrual periods slow down and become irregular. You may have light spotting one month, nothing the next, and then suddenly have very heavy bleeding a few months later. For women with highly unpredictable cycles,Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps regulate menstruation and make life much more manageable.
- Symptoms of Andropause
- Also called hypogonadism and male menopause, andropause is the name for a collection of symptoms experienced by men with low levels of testosterone and other hormones. Men in their early 40s may notice they suddenly lack ambition, are easily irritated and fatigued, they are gaining weight and losing muscle mass, and their sexual appetite is nowhere near what it once was. Some men experience erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and loss of feeling in the genital region as well. Since awareness of andropause is relatively new, it may take you a while to realize that hormone fluctuation is the cause of your many issues.
- Thyroid Disorders
- The thyroid controls every cell in the human body, so it can really wreak havoc when it’s out of balance. When your thyroid produces too few hormones, the condition is called hypothyroidism. This leads to a general sluggishness that presents as weight gain, lack of energy, dry skin, concentration problems, and depression. If your body produces too much of the thyroid hormone, you have hyperthyroidism. Its symptoms include anxiety, nervousness, unplanned weight loss, and insomnia. Either way, balancing your thyroid hormone can increase your enjoyment of life and overall sense of well-being.
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Your adrenal glands are responsible for manufacturing and secreting cortisol, a hormone that helps your body respond appropriately to stress. This is the one hormone that increases rather than decreases with age. If you are facing numerous stressors in your life without relief, your body produces so much cortisol that the rest of the hormones can’t keep up. This leads to chronic fatigue, the inability to fight off common illnesses, increased allergies and inflammation, weight gain, and poor circulation. One of the telltale signs of adrenal fatigue is when you have extreme difficulty waking up in the morning and don’t seem to have any energy until late at night.
- Fibromyalgia is a common, yet often misdiagnosed, medical condition caused by hormonal imbalance. It is characterized by extreme fatigue, unexplained pain, depression, difficulty concentrating, abdominal pain, numbness in the fingers and toes, stiffness, and hypersensitivity to heat and cold. It is most commonly misdiagnosed as arthritis, tendinitis, or bursitis. Due to its widespread symptoms, doctors often run other medical tests to rule out a more serious disease. People who have this condition often feel like a burden to others because the extreme fatigue and pain prevents them from fully participating in activities.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- This is one of the more serious conditions caused by hormone imbalance. Although every woman’s body produces small amounts of androgens, a male hormone, women who have PCOS make too much of it. This causes numerous small cysts to grow on the ovaries. While the cysts themselves aren’t harmful, they cause the hormonal imbalance that may lead to infertility, irregular periods, insulin resistance, acne, and depression. If PCOS is not treated, it increases the risk of developing Type II diabetes and heart disease. It may even cause changes in your physical appearance, such as causing unwanted facial hair.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help restore energy and youthful vitality to men and women suffering from hormone imbalance, deficiency or decline at any stage of life.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look & feel – for good. Contact St. Louis Missouri Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and get back to being you.
Find Local Missouri Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You